Thursday, February 28, 2013

Berenstain Bear Bear Country Quilt


When we got the Berenstain Bears fabric in, In Bear Country, I was stuck on what to do with it. I looked for a pattern that included large pieces so the images wouldn't have to be chopped up.

I found Abby Lane's Pepperland fit the bill. It used fat quarters and solid white. It came together quickly. You just need a surface to lay out the 4 blocks prior to sewing (yes, this quilt is just 4 large blocks).


Amy quilted an all over alphabet. Perfect! Thanks Amy. I washed this one before hanging it in the shop. A quilt always changes after getting washed the first time and I wanted to see the alphabet pattern all crinkled up.

As usual, I cut a few extra kits as I was cutting mine and I put one in our etsy shop if you want to make one too.

I am working on a fun and easy tutorial for you. I want to make the template a pdf for you to print out. I have never done that before so fingers crossed.

I am linking up to Finish it Up Friday on Crazy Mom Quilts
Tara

5 comments:

  1. Oh, these bears bring back memories from kindergarten, they were my favorite books. I love your quilt, you did a great job keeping the bears intact and the quilting is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try Abby Lane's pattern. Looks like a fun fast quilt.

    ReplyDelete